Monday, June 11, 2012

Crazy Schedule for Academy Instructor:

Today is the first day of Academy. How does the day look from an instructor's perspective? Well, I would say, mine doesn't look normal, but what is normal? You see, I am a mom. I am a nursing mom. I have an infant. Add this:  We are in the middle of moving to Florida, so we are staying with friends in order for me to be able to teach this week. I love this camp so much, we delayed our move in order for me to be here!

Schedule:
Wake at 6:15 to baby talk. Baby goes back to sleep.
Check email.
Do some stretches and strength exercises. It is pouring down rain outside, so no run.
Six year old Amelia wakes up and reminds me that she has a feather that she wants to show me and it is in the pocket of Daddy's pants. She starts hunting pants.
Six month old William wakes up. Feeding time.
Put William on the floor to make coffee.
William's diaper explodes all over the floor. Change diaper and clothes.
Amelia locates feather.
Mom locates coffee.
Amelia and daddy look up and identify feather -- a yellow bellied sap sucker.
I leave for early meeting with Joe.
I go back home.
Feeding time for William. William down for a nap.
Back to class.
Ahhh. Class. What a group of students! They know their news!
Health issues, sports concerns, international student news, Hunger Games, Euro Cup, a rise in the use of drugs, the election, summer sports leagues, etc.
Great ideas, great work as a team.
We get our stories organized.
Lunch.
Back home. Feeding time.
Back here for afternoon session.
We practice the interview, we discuss the use of verbs and how to work on a lead.
We get ready to interview.
We practice using the AP Style Guide
We blog.
Back home to feed William.
What a day!!!!
Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment