Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 1

Today we went over local Georgia newspapers and national papers and chose certain quotes to read aloud that grabbed our attention. We also thought of different story ideas to contribute to our camp's paper. It was interesting to hear what other people were interested in going in depth about. I offered up a story idea about the increasing of In-N-Out Burger restaurants across the country which I found to be easier than I expected because of all the information online. I think interviewing will be more of a struggle for me because it will be hard to find people that can talk about that certain restaurant especially because they live on the opposite side of the U.S. I would like to improve my interviewing skills because quotes are very important to a news story. I want to also like to work on my layout of the story itself and make it more organized and stick to one subject. This will help me as a news editor next year for my own school paper and I will be able to make sure my peers are using correct format and this will help me be a leader.

-Molly Mannes

No comments:

Post a Comment