Monday, June 13, 2011

Gleeky Geek

Hi All!


 My name is Jaclyn and I am a rising senior. I am ecstatic to be attending Grady College this summer to augment my journalistic skills. I go to a performing arts high school; therefore, my schedule is jam packed with performing arts credits and I have not had time in my three years to cultivate my journalistic talents. That is why I came to to Grady Glee. This upcoming school year, I have found time to fit my school newspaper in to my schedule. I want to have some backing and experience when I begin and Grady Glee just seemed to be the best match.

Now, I'm here, in a room with a big conference table surrounded by computers eager to begin and learn about how to write the ideal news piece. I also want to learn about feature and editorial work, but that can happen later. This week is all about hard news and interviews.  I am ready to learn how to become a journalist and to explore new techniques. Writing is a passion of mine and I hope to improve my writing and come away from this program with an edge. I don't know what that edge will be yet, I'm just looking for that unique aspect that only us Grady Glee attendees will have.

Until tomorrow,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment