Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Too Has Passed

Another day, another eleven cents. Today's been strange for me. Along with last night, the passage of time has made the entire camp a family. Brothers, sisters, weird uncles, senile grandparents, quirky neighbors you only talk to when you get the mail-they're all here, and in abundance no less. I'm supposed to talk about my dreams of writing in the future-I like it, journalism that is, in particular, otherwise I wouldn't be here; my stories are good for my experience level and are as to be expected-but what interests me at this moment is the rate of assimilation here. Everyone knows everyone else. I have inside jokes with people I didn't know forty-two hours ago. I don't know if it's beneficial or not, but I find it extraordinary how quickly a group of complete strangers can come together, individuality paradoxically intact, and do amazing things only because they have a minute vague ambition in common. That's all; I guess it's just food for thought, but there you go.

See you guys back at the dorms,
Steven Dufour

P.S. I swear to God, if one more person asks me how to spell my name I will shove my name tag down his (his is simply grammatically correct; I hold no bias for gender) throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment