Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Monday...not Friday, sorry Rebecca Black

This week I hope to learn how to let my voice shine through my writing when writing a hard news article. Instead of writing a cliche and boring article that every other journalist in the world is writing about, I want to make mine that one article that stands out in the pile of paper. I would like to focus on interviewing because I am not a strong interviewer, especially when I do not know the person that I am interviewing or if the person is extremely boring.

I want to become better at writing articles that everyone can relate to and that everyone wants to read. Through my writing I want to promote change within humans or cause them to feel more compassion towards others. Some people in the world are not aware of what is going on around them and that is just stupid, like seriously people, take your head out of the hole in the ground, you are not an ostrich, you can't hide from the world!

Most of all, I would just like to improve my skills and get ideas from other campers about how to make my schools newspaper better because no one reads it which is really sad because our staff puts a lot of hard work into it.

Just in the few short hours of class that I have been in I have learned a lot. I now know how to interview others better without looking like a creeper, which is always helpful. I have also learned that UGA has really hard beds but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment