Monday, June 13, 2011

Georgia Journalism Academy. Glee...Day 1.5

Even after my first day of classes I'm already excited and just a little frightened by the fast pace at which we're expected to work, but I believe that this camp will help me to adapt to a world of journalism where deadlines are king. I enrolled in news writing because one thing I'd like to learn is how to present the hard facts of a story without writing with a monotone voice. I'd also like to develop a sharper sense of which sources are reliable and which ones I should walk...no, run away from. I would love it if the camp could help me gain a sense of ease when I'm conducting an interview. It has been drilled into my head that you must be proffesional when interviewing someone but I would still like to be a little more personal and poised as well as learning how to squeeze the most out of the answers that I receive, which are sometimes little more than, "uh huh...yeah....I ate that sandwich weeks ago." Not exactly riveting news. I hope that as a camp we will grow closer together and produce best newspaper that one can possibly publish with five hours of sleep and a diet of chocolate and pizza. I'll update more if I survive the upcoming rollerskating fiasco. Signing out, DAY 1.5! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment